Saturday 30 January 2016

Plan B: A Change of Plan - Another search for the Lady of the Stream

The plan originally, was to meet up with my friend Mark and go in search of chub, but it was evident that yesterday's overnight rain had quashed our plan. With money also being tight at the moment, I thought the best call for action was to just grab a few hours on the local river. It was, as expected, up and carrying colour. After feeding a swim with a few grains of sweetcorn, I managed to hook the first of the day. This was a nice conditioned young grayling and a very encouraging sign for the future. Another very light sprinkle of grains and the float was moving beautifully through the swim. As I held the float back slightly and let it go down the current, the float buried. I struck and a good fish was on. After lots of digging, I first assumed that it was a trout, but then the telltale dorsal graced the surface. I made my way slightly downstream and landed the fish in a patch with slacker water. It was a very healthy looking grayling and I warily took a quick shot, as there were a few individuals around who quite frankly, I would rather avoid.
Feisty Lady of the Stream (1-9)
I wandered elsewhere to somewhere a lot quieter. Arriving at a nice deeper pool, with a sweeping flow down the middle, and both sides consisting of slacker water. After feeding a few grains of corn, I was soon letting the float whirl towards the slacker water before it buried. I was into a lovely looking grayling straight away. I gave it a good half an hour or so, and it was soon evident that the grayling were there queuing up (the biggest from this spot being on the title image). I also managed a few out of season trout which dived in for the corn on a few occasions. After fishing my way down and picking up the odd fish, I decided it was time to quit whilst I was ahead.
Certainly chose a nice day for it...
My last write-up talked about the problem with 'Joining' or following this blog. There is a simple solution and to those who have read the last write up I would like to reiterate the simplicity. There are two interlinking squares on the side of the 'Join this site' panel. If you click on those it will allow you to follow the blogs in whichever way you choose...

Tight Lines,

Tom

2 comments:

  1. Nice, after a change of plan, you got productive there. A few out of season trouts can do that for you. Hope you find time the next time out to fish for chubs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lisa for having a look...
      Yeah, the out of season trout do give good sport as do the grayling. All being well I should find some roach and some chub this weekend.
      Tom

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...